Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blasphemy

A loud conversation overheard at Starbucks:

A: "Hey! Good to see you!"
B: "You too! It's been so long since I last saw you."
A: "Sorry, I'm a bit forgetful - what's your major now?"
B: "I'm a history major, Middle Eastern Studies emphasis."
A: "That sounds really awesome!"

Time passes. I sip my coffee, reviewing some words for my GRE this coming Friday. Soon, my eyes glaze over as the prospect of taking an exam I will not be using anytime soon overwhelms me. I tune back in to the loud conversation next to me.

A: "I seem to recall you wanted to go to med school, right?"
B: "Yep. I'm still on track to go to medical school. I'm finishing up my prerequisites right now."
A: "Wait. You're still premed?"
B: "Yeah."
A: "But you're not a bio major."
B: "That's correct."
A: "...I don't understand."

I feel that way all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment