Thursday, June 5, 2008

Story of my life

I have an infection on my right upper eyelid. I guess I cut it somehow.
---
Our building, the BSRB/OHRC, has this annoying fire alarm that, for God knows what reason, sets off every once in a while. Normally everybody just ignores it and continues with their work, even though the Voice of God that accompanies the blinding light that blips every 5 seconds asks that everybody proceed to the nearest exit.

Then two days ago, we noticed that the higher-ups put up notices all around the building, telling us that it is unacceptable to ignore the alarm and that a $500 fine would be sentenced upon anyone caught remaining in the building while the alarm was active.

Today is the third time this week that the alarm has gone off for seemingly no reason. I think they're just trying to fuck with us. That, or somebody at the controls has a wager with someone else that someone in the building will eventually give up going outside if the alarm goes off enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment