Saturday, May 24, 2008

LA Rain, and it's not just water

I've been in Los Angeles for about one day and already something feels wrong:
-Westwood Village is pretty awesome. It's like walking through downtown Palo Alto but things are actually affordable and applicable to college student life as opposed to having three Persian rug and four diamond stores.

-I sat next to Noris Malele on the flight here.

-The UCLA campus is nothing compared to Berkeley's. Sure, it's kept nice and tidy, but there's nothing particularly interesting about it, and more importantly, there are almost no public display maps, whereas at Berkeley there are plenty of strategically-placed maps informing you of your location on campus and all the campus building names. And the brick...dear God, the brick. So unnecessary and monotonous.

-It rained. It's raining here as we speak.

It's RAINING.

-I went to the In-N-Out on the corner of Le Conte and Gayley for dinner. An In-N-Out within walking distance of the apartment = win. An In-N-Out with gigantic concrete letters suspended in the middle of the restaurant that spell "In-N-Out" (hyphens included): extra win. With mustard and pickles on top. AND fries.

-The UCLA Medical Campus is pretty damn amazing.

-I walked around most of Westwood Village, and it's definitely a nice refreshing change of pace compared to walking around downtown Berkeley or Telegraph. Things just feel a little slower and more relaxed here.

-A tiny, tiny part of me wished that I were going to school here (the moment when I realized there was an In-N-Out within walking distance).

Then I got on campus and regretted that the thought ever crossed my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment