Friday, April 9, 2010

Dulles Airport sucks for not offering free Wi-Fi

It’s been a fun week on the bEast Coast, but I’m sobering up at Dulles right now while waiting for my evening flight. This post won’t be funny or sarcastic or witty. Skip it if that makes you uncomfortable, but no torches or pitchforks, please - I just redid the kitchen.

I’ve seen old Boston, the birthplace of liberty, I’ve walked the Infinite Corridor at MIT, I’ve touched the golden pee-toe of John Harvard, I’ve struggled along the hobbled brick sidewalks up Beacon Hill, and I’ve seen the Fenway Fanatics REALLY up-close.

I’ve also seen northwest and central DC, I’ve strolled ‘neath the blooming cherry blossoms in front of Healy Hall at Georgetown, I’ve judged far too many students for wearing the entire catalogues of J. Crew/L.L. Bean/Burberry, I’ve walked the entire length of the National Mall in 85-degree weather, I’ve eaten at the history-laden Ben’s Chili Bowl (WAY overrated), I’ve tasted Five Guys Burger (I’m really torn between Five Guys and In-N-Out), and I’ve experienced what REAL subway systems should be like, thanks to both these cities.

I’m going to Georgetown. I had already kinda sorta maybe-ish made up my mind a week ago about which school I wanted to attend, but this little vacation really set everything into stone. I was a little wary about picking Georgetown before really walking in and seeing the campus and The District. Now, I’m more sure than ever that I’m making the right decision. Hell, I even found the house that I’ll be living in next year. GIANT BACKYARD PORCH FOR BEER PONG WOOOO oh wait I mean uhhh relaxing open-air study/dining environment!

Hoya Saxa, Go Bears, and the Nats suck.

(Your regularly scheduled programming will resume when I get back into good ol’ California.)

1 comment: