Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Apprenticeship of a Weekend Warrior

10:30PM, in lab waiting for a gel to finish running (but to be fair, I rolled in at 2PM wearing a Transformers t-shirt, plaid shorts, and flip-flops after cramming my whole weeks' worth of errands into one morning. So I'm putting in my 8 hours).

Since the prospect of Cal football starting in 17 (RAHHAGHRGRHRAAAHAAHHH) days has me watching old Cal highlights nonstop and itching to watch ANY football, no matter how bad (seriously, I watched the Raiders-Cowboys preseason game), I've been talking to my friends about how this season is going to pan out. These discussions also led to logistics about how we're going to handle game days, since this is the first time we will be going to Cal games NOT being in band (read: NOT going to bed super early on Friday night so we do NOT have to wake up at the asscrack of dawn on Saturday morning to NOT rehearse).

My glorious, double secret probation ninja plan: to do five days' worth of work in four days every single week until December so I can skip almost every single Friday solely for the purpose of drinking my ass off. For home games, I can drink from Friday morning until Saturday after the game. I'm attending three away games this year (including Big Game), so Friday would be spent for travel and for making beer stops along the way. And the weeks when there are away games that I won't be attending or we have Byes...um...let's designate those "liver recovery weekends."

Go team:
[22:12] Gordo: i'm thinking about taking every single friday off until december
[22:12] Gordo: home games = take friday off to drink
[22:13] Gordo: and the three away games i'm going to = take friday off to travel/drink
[22:15] Gordo: mostly travel
[22:15] Gordo: drinking is secondary
[22:23] Gordo: "hey boss, i'm gonna miss work this friday"
[22:23] Gordo: "okay, are you going somewhere?"
[22:23] Gordo: "yep. BevMo."
[22:24] Ja Liule: "oh, awesome. remember to pick me up a six-pack"
Too bad I can't actually picture my boss saying that.

One day to NOT skip work, however, is August 28th. I kid you not, the first-ever National Single Cougar Convention is being held at Dinah's in, where else, PALO ALTO. This thing is 100% real: BOOM, YOU LITERAL MOTHERFUCKERS.

AsianShaq and I are 110% committed to going to this thing, if only for the entertainment value. $20 has never been better spent.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, dude... I thought you were going to the B2M concert that evening? If we go, someone has to bring a camcorder or something. Because, if I go, I'm getting shitfaced. And if I get shitfaced, who knows what the fuck is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude FUCK the B2M concert, this is way bigger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single Cougar Convention? Only for entertainment value? Surrrrrrrre.

    ReplyDelete