Friday, August 8, 2008

When the Moon is in the Seventh House

Did a couple of planets line up wrong today or something? Did Pluto decide that it had had enough of all the other planets bullying him around, making hm feel all inferior and shit?


"Fuck you guys, let's see how well your God-almighty alignment bullcrap works now, assholes!"

Today is my last day in The City of Angels, and all of these events occurred today:
-While packing, the books on the top shelf toppled down, resulting in a superficial gash of three inches on my right upper arm
-The 2008 Olympics in Beijing opened with a show that Pat Forde of ESPN.com claims was "the great show in Opening Ceremony history"
-Min, the woman in the lab bay next time mine, gave birth today a healthy baby boy via caesarian
-The apartment four doors down from ours, with the magic of a bug bomb and microwave technorogy, somehow managed to make both the bug bomb AND the microwave explode...at the same time. The resulting explosion was what led to said books toppling, leading to said gash on said arm.

I was getting my personal belongings together when, at around 1:30pm, the apartment gave me one bigass, motherfuckin violent shake-down and a rather loud, frightening boom. My first instinct was, "Hey Gaia, give us a little break, will ya?" I stopped and stood under the doorframe, getting ready to stabilize myself when I realized that there were no more tremors. One big shake, and that was it. "...not a quake. So what the hell was it?" As I wiped the proverbial poop out of my pants, Brett comes back into the apartment and asks, "Dude, have you been here the whole time? How come I didn't see you outside?" Inside, I was thinking, "Well, we're not really friends at all; as a matter of fact, I kind of hate you, so why would I bother looking for you," but the Microsoft Word editing program in my brain changed it to, "Nope. Why?"

Brett: "There was an explosion on our floor, dude. I've been standing outside for the past ten minutes because the fire department evacuated our floor. It was, like, fucking epic. Epic."
Me: "...shit. I felt and heard it, but I didn't know what it was, and it was over pretty quick, so I just didn't worry about it."
Brett: "There was an alarm. You didn't hear it? It was pretty fucking epic."
Me: "...no."
Brett: "Wow, dude. But it's okay now, they let us back in."
Me: "No shit."

[edit 7:14PM]

Upon taking out the trash, I walked by this gaping hole in the wall. This was about 40 feet away from the door of our unit.

1 comment:

  1. holy shoot

    thank goodness u r fine

    next time. RUN! i like u better alive and in one piece

    ReplyDelete