Monday, December 8, 2008

Obligatory "End-of-an-Era" Post

There's really nothing I can say here that can do justice to how I feel about the end of my four years in Cal Band. I could write a 20-page term paper about all the people I've met, all the places I've seen, all the friends I've made, all the assholes I tried my best to avoid, and all the things I've learned, especially in the Department of Creative and Devastating Heckles (see: Desma Stovall, Oregon State volleyball, 2005) - and I probably wouldn't net any higher than a C- on the paper. There's just too much to be said and not enough time or electronic ink to write it.

I also don't have the kind of attention span to write a 20-page term paper anyway. So instead, I'm going to break it down into user-friendly bullet points devoid of necessary grammar.

-My Second Year Mug has lead and/or cadmium. Memo: don't use it to drink if I ever get pregnant
-Can't believe I wanted to join Stanford Band more than ANYTHING when I was in high school
-Football fans in the state of California tend to be bigger assholes than in other states, myself and KNak included
-"Shoot him like a horse" needs to come back
-I need a shirt that says "I spent four years in Cal Band and all I got was this lousy blanket"

No comments:

Post a Comment