Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The 90's were amazing, and don't you forget it.

At our first ever Bear Family bonding, PSo, Koo and I took the bus to go bowling in Albany, and when it hit 9pm, the disco lights started turning, the blacklights started frying, and the sadly outdated music started pumping. About half an hour into the playlist, *NSYNC's "Tearin' Up My Heart" started pumping and PSo and I started singing along to every single one of those damned poorly-conceived words. We looked over to Koo to see if he was enjoying himself just as much.

Koo had the most confused look on his face. And PSo and I cried a little bit inside.

"How old were you when this song came out? Do you know?" we asked.

"I have no idea who this is. I don't think I've ever heard this song," Koo emptily replied.

I swear, I shit a brick and a half when his answer hit my ears. John McCain, my heart reaches out to you. We're fucking old. But the best part:

"DUDE. This is *NSYNC, back in the day, man."

"...you mean that really gay boy band?"

No comments:

Post a Comment