Friday, March 28, 2008

Catching up

Just came back from coffee with Susie. Kicked some old talk around.
---
This was an interesting exchange with my professor not too long ago.

But first, context: I was up really late the night before finishing up physics homework answering questions about how radio stations work and how transformers change 120V to 240V or something, so I went to class (not physics lecture) incredibly exhausted. I like to sit in the front row because this professor's handwriting is mind-numbingly poor and I like to see what he's writing so I know the important stuff to write down and the stuff to tune out. It just so happened that I fell asleep in the middle of lecture in the front row. Knowing me, I was probably snoring in front of the whole class. Anyways, I woke up about five minutes before class ended, took some very confused notes, and proceeded to ask him a question about the material right when class ended. The exchange:

Me: "Excuse me, I have a question about this concept you mentioned..."
Prof: "I tell you what. If you're not going to respect me enough to stay awake during my lecture, then I see no reason to respect you enough to answer your question."

Exit stage left. Or whatever.

1 comment: